This quick guide on Point Spread betting in Arizona is for everybody that loves to put money down on sports. But, unfortunately, learning how to bet on Point Spreads isn’t quite as easy as learning how to master the Moneyline. Therefore, we run you through everything you need to know to make more money with the Point Spread Arizona betting action.
Overview – Point spread bets in AZ
In this breakdown, you’re going to learn all there is to know about making smarter Point Spread wagers. We’ll go over:
- How the Point Spread works to give you an edge over more casual sports bettors
- Run through when it makes the most sense to get in on underdog action and
- Touch on how you can combine the spread with other kinds of wagers to boost your potential profits in a big way!
Rounding things out, we go over:
- A handful of our favorite sportsbooks for Point Spreads Arizona action
- The kinds of sportsbooks to check out if you’re serious about making spread bets during your favorite games
- And so much more!
Ready to jump in?
Top point spread betting list AZ
Point Spread betting Arizona: All sites are 100% legal & licensed by the ADG.
|Caesars Sportsbook Up to $1,250 bonus + 1,000 credits||Bet now Caesars Arizona|
|BetRivers Sportsbook Up to $500 free bet||Bet now BetRivers Arizona|
|SuperBook Sportsbook 100% deposit match up to $1,000||Bet now SuperBook Arizona review|
|Betfred Sportsbook Bet $50 get $250 free||Bet now Betfred Arizona|
|DraftKings Sportsbook Up to $1,000 Deposit Match||Bet now DraftKings Arizona review|
|Fanduel Sportsbook No sweat first bet up to $1,000||Bet now FanDuel Arizona|
|BetMGM Sportsbook Risk-Free bet up to $1000||Bet now BetMGM AZ|
|Unibet Sportsbook $100 risk-free bet||Bet now Unibet Arizona|
Point Spread bets Arizona
The Point Spread bets Arizona is made up of three specific elements:
- You have the actual Point Spread itself, set by oddsmakers who feel like they have a real finger on the pulse of the action.
- A team designated as the favorite (followed by a (-) that identifies them as the team that is “giving points”).
- And a team designated as the underdog (followed by a (+) that identifies them as the team that is “getting points”).
As far as the actual Point Spreads themselves are concerned, you’re looking at a number of “scoring units”. These units represent what the sportsbook feels will be the margin of victory of the favorite over the underdog. Spreads can vary wildly, not only on a sport by sport basis but also from league to league as well.
For example, the college football game has a Point Spread function that is significantly wider than the NFL game. But, again, this has to do with the level of competition that these teams face compared to the NFL. You’ll always see larger spreads in the college game than you will at the NFL level.
Remember this about Points Spreads
It’s the sportsbook that sets the Point Spreads Arizona bettors are using for their wagers. The favorite is always the team that the book feels is going to win. The odds attached to the favorite let you know how much money you have to wager to win $100.
Let’s say that the Arizona Diamondbacks have a spread of -3.5 points over the Milwaukee Brewers.
This lets you know that the Diamondbacks are the favorite (because of the (-) designation). It also says that the bookmaker thinks the Diamondbacks will beat the Brewers by at least three points.
You might also see the Diamondbacks at -110 odds. This lets you know that you’d have to wager $110 to win $100. That gives a payout total of $210 if you cover the spread.
Underdog spread betting action – Arizona
The underdog represents some pretty interesting opportunities for serious sports bettors. You just can’t be nervous about getting into the thick of things with the Point Spread function.
Arizona online sportsbooks always believe that this team will lose the game or fail to cover the spread for starters.
What a lot of people don’t know, however, is that these underdog opportunities often represent fantastic value. So if you’re looking to get the best Point Spreads Arizona sports betting sites have to offer, this is where to focus.
This is because the public is risk-averse. They are statistically more likely to put their money on the favorite, even if the underdog pays out more. Folks are generally more nervous about losing money rather than excited about winning a lot of cash.
Finding “short underdogs” – underdogs with small margins for the actual Point Spreads themselves – gives an opportunity to hedge your bets. This stacks the odds slightly in your favor while allowing you to do some Point Spread betting. But, of course, the potential payout is much higher, too.
Some long-term sports bettors wager almost exclusively on underdogs with short betting odds. They know that they are going to lose their bet regularly, sure. But they’ll also make enough money over the long haul that it all makes it worthwhile in the end.
Combining the spread with other wagers for parlays
Point spreads can be combined with other wagers, too. This includes Moneyline wagers, over/under wagers, etc., to create parlays. This is a bit of a more advanced form of sports betting, to be sure.
But if bettors are looking for a little more excitement from the best Point Spreads Arizona sportsbooks have to offer, this is a great way to:
- Crank up the excitement
- Take on a little bit of extra risk and
- Generate potentially much bigger paydays
…all at the same time! The idea here is to combine at least two or more wagers into a bit of a “super bet” called a parlay. You might have parlay made up of:
- A moneyline pick on the Arizona Diamondbacks to win the game outright.
- A secondary bet for them to beat Point Spreads against the Milwaukee Brewers.
- And then another bet – a prop bet – that the first run scored is going to be from a solo homerun.
If each of those three bets – called “legs” – turns up to be correct, the parlay pays out. So it’s possible to dramatically multiply winnings with this strategy in a way tough to pull off otherwise!
On the flip side, if Point Spreads aren’t covered, then the whole bet is wiped out completely. All because one leg didn’t cash in.
That’s the risk/reward of these kinds of wagers, though.
Finding the right AZ sportsbook for Point Spreads
With so many different Arizona online gambling sites to pick and choose from, finding the right one can feel like a bit of an uphill battle. That’s why you need to focus on a handful of core competencies. These are the things that all great sportsbooks share in common with one another.
We’re talking about things like:
- A wide array of betting options and sporting events to place wagers on.
- Rock-solid and competitive odds that are in line with industry standards.
- High-speed odds that don’t take a lot of time to shift and change as well as wagers that lock in when they are placed.
- A friendly user interface (bonus points for a dedicated mobile app for sports betting on the go).
- Top-tier customer service and a reputation for fair dealing.
- An amazing, safe, secure, and convenient banking system to get money into and out of your sportsbook account.
Lots of different sportsbooks promise the moon and the stars when it comes to these kinds of results. For players looking to enjoy the best Point Spreads Arizona books have to offer, these are the options to consider:
- BetMGM Points Spreads in Arizona – Top-tier, world-class organization
- DraftKings Arizona Points Spreads – Built with mobile-first in mind
- FanDuel AZ Point Spread – Great Point Spread odds, live betting opportunities
- William Hill AZ Points Spreads – Amazing deposit bonuses and newbie promos
- Caesars Sportsbook Arizona Point Spread – Another world-class organization with a great reputation
- Bally Bet Point Spread betting AZ – Fast, always up-to-date odds and secure convenient banking options
- WynnBET Sportsbook Point Spread odds AZ – Easy to use, slick interface, great promo offers
- Unibet AZ Point Spread betting – Competitive Point Spreads on all popular games and contests
FAQ’s About Point Spread betting Arizona
The Point Spread explained correctly is easy to understand: This is the margin of victory that sportsbooks believe the favorite of that game will win by.
The popularity of Point Spreads has a lot to do with the fact that they are easy to understand. The “rules” of the Point Spread function don’t change from one game, competition, or sport to another.
You’ll know if you have “covered the spread” if your pick of the favorite wins by at least the amount identified by the spread. You’ll also win if the pick of an underdog wins outright or loses by less than that margin, too.
Most books use fractional spreads these days to avoid these kinds of ties. If a game does end up finishing with a tie, the bet is usually considered to be “pushed.” Money is returned, and it’s as though the bet never took place. This doesn’t happen very often, but it is something that bettors will want to be aware of.
It’s impossible to know precisely how much money you can win on Point Spread betting action in Arizona. Your wagers will determine your winnings. And your wagers could be all over the place! Just know that the odds (usually -110 for Point Spreads) will let you know what kind of payout you can bring home.
Odds calculators are generally offered by bookies to help you out, too.