Sportsbooks offer many opportunities to take advantage of bonuses these days, and free bets are one of the big ways you can get rewarded. On this page, we will discuss the basics that bettors should know about making free bets in Arizona.
Overview of free bet bonuses Arizona
This guide will discuss everything you need to know about placing “free bets” with Arizona sportsbooks. First, we’ll dive into how they work and how to distinguish the different types of free bets. We’ll also discuss rules and regulations or conditions you may face when using them.
Then, we will look at the pros and cons of using free bet offers with online sportsbooks. Further, we will talk about some of the specific free bet offers at some of the top sportsbooks in Arizona, such as Draftkings, Fanduel, and William Hill. Finally, stick around to the end to learn answers to frequently asked questions about free bets!
Free bets explained – Arizona
Free bets are essentially second chances given to bettors by a sportsbook when the bettor places a losing wager. There are various types of free bets, from sign-up bonus risk free bets to refer-a-friend bonuses in the form of free bets and more. Here are some of the most prominent bonuses in Arizona.
These are the sign-up bonuses that you get when you join a sportsbook, make a small initial deposit, and place your first bet. If you win, you get your payout. If you lose that bet, though, the bonus kicks in and may come in the form of a site credit refund for a new bet.
The amount may either match your deposit fully or be worth a percentage of your deposit.
No deposit offer free bets
These are probably the most rewarding (and most risk-free) because you don’t have to put down any deposit or money to get the reward. Of course, there is a play-through requirement to meet, and the bonus is usually pretty small, but it can give a little boost to your sports betting account.
Matched bet bonus offers
These are pretty similar to risk free welcome bets, but the main difference is that you can get the bonus even if you do win your first bet. You may have more strict rules to follow for this type of offer.
Rules and conditions of free bets to look out for
Now that you have an idea of how free bets work in different scenarios consider the importance of knowing their terms and conditions. There will be a set of rules and conditions you must meet in order for your free bet bonuses to be eligible. Some of the most common include:
- Expiration dates for using the free bet (if you surpass this, you lose out on the offer)
- The time period you have to wait before the bonus becomes available
- Restrictions on breaking the free bet into smaller ones
- Requirement of placing the bet at minimum odds level
- Requirement of placing a straight wager
- Requirement of verifying your geo-location to use the bet
Pros and cons of using free bets in Arizona
Special offers are exciting opportunities to win in some way, but they almost always come with some kind of catch. These are the main advantages and disadvantages of free bets in AZ.
- It’s an opportunity to turn a profit. While there is no guarantee that a free bet will be a winner, risk free bets pose the opportunity to either win your bet or get a second chance at it. And free bets are a second chance as well. In some cases, if you win your second-chance free bet, you could get back your stake and your payout.
- It’s less daunting for beginner bettors. If you’re new to sports betting in AZ or just new to a sportsbook, a free bet welcome offer is a great opportunity to dip your toes in the water.
- You can increase bankroll. This basically means that if you do well with a free bet, you add more money to your betting account. When you do this, you have more money to make more bets, which opens the doors to more potential profit.
- There is always a catch. Free doesn’t technically mean free, at least not in a broad sense. You often have to make a bet for a free bet promo to activate, and this means you have to spend money on a wager. Further, risk free bet welcome offers often require a minimum deposit.
- There are terms to follow. When you activate a free bet, there are rules for how to use it, when to use it, and more.
- They aren’t worth as much as you think. Most free bets don’t pay much more than $10 or so. And even for the higher-value free bets offered at sportsbooks, you have to make a pretty big wager to get that wager matched.
Tips for placing free bets AZ
Here are some ways you can make the most of free bets:
- Always check the terms and conditions. If you surpass the expiration date of the free bet bonus, then you basically lose out on the offer entirely. Further, if you make the wrong type of bet, it may make you ineligible for the bonus.
- Place high odds bets. You can make the most of a free bet by ensuring you’re betting at high odds. Since your stake usually isn’t returned to you, you can do this to at least maximize your profits, you can also utilize odds boost bonuses in Arizona in order to win greater sums of cash.
- Don’t get carried away. At the end of the day, remember that free bets aren’t entirely risk free, and any gambling you do may put you into debt. This is why you need to be careful of the allure of sign-up bonuses and promotions. The more sportsbooks you sign up for, the more deposits and wagers you’ll have to make initially.
Arizona sports betting free money
Why shouldn’t everyone search for free money at Arizona sports betting sites? The thing is, it’s not that easy. Why? Because of the free money that is offered is rarely free, because you’ll need to fulfill different criteria in order to get on hold of this free cash. Learn more about these terms at the specified operators above.
Finding the best bonus in Arizona
BetMGM free bet bonuses up to $600
At BetMGM sportsbook, new bettors can get a free bet for signing up. Your bonus offer includes up to $600 in free bets if your first risk free bet loses. Further, take advantage of free bet offers when certain NBA players score (regardless of whether your bet wins or loses).
You can also get a $10 free bet every week by opting into the BetMGM Monday Club!
Pointsbet free bets
At Pointsbet, players get a lot of free bet offers, and they go beyond the initial sign-up offer of 2 risk free bets valued at a maximum of $2,000 total. You can also earn a $100 free bet for referring a friend who deposits at least $50.
Or, take part in the tennis next game-winner risk free bet. One nice perk is that there are no rollover requirements for free bets at Pointsbet sportsbook.
Draftkings free bets up to $1,000
Draftkings offers a hefty risk free first bet worth up to $1,000 in value. However, note that you need a pretty big wager to reach that cap since the bonus amount only matches 20% of your deposit (If you’re looking for a higher percentage match, you should look into Deposit bonuses). Further, Draftkings sportsbook also offers a refer-a-friend free bet offer worth up to $100 for both you and your friend when they sign up.
Fanduel $1,000 risk free bet
Fanduel offers a $1,000 risk free welcome bet, and we think it holds more value than the Draftkings offer since this one is a site credit that fully matches your wager. Fanduel also has a special refer-a-friend offer worth $100 in site credits for both of you.
Caesars free bets up to $500
Caesars sportsbook offers free bets in the form of a risk free first bet worth up to $500. In addition, you get a free bet value if you lose your first bet. Take advantage of other free bet promotions, too, like the MLB first inning freebie, among other offers.
FAQs about Free Bets in Arizona
Can I get more than one free bet in Arizona?
This depends on the sportsbook you’re using and what types of free bets it offers. Some sportsbooks do offer a risk free welcome bet, and then they also offer free bets as promotions or site rewards for consistent bettors.
How do you claim free bet offers in AZ?
Firstly, you have to register with a sportsbook to claim free bets. If you’re claiming a risk free bet with sign-up, then this bet will need to be your first at the site. If you’re claiming a promotional free bet, then you need to meet the promotion’s terms, which may include a promo code.
Do I need to put down a deposit to make a free bet?
Depending on the type of free bet you make, you may or may not need to make a deposit. Most welcome bonuses do require a minimum deposit of around $5-$10, while some sites offer “no deposit free bets”, which are entirely free.
Are free bets risk-free in Arizona?
While some free bets do come in the form of a “risk-free” offer, there really aren’t any sports bets that are entirely free of risk. At best, risk free bets give you a second chance at your bet if it loses. And free bets sometimes require a deposit to use, which means there is some money you may lose.
What are some of the most popular types of free bets?
Some common free bet types include next game-winner risk free bets, risk free single-game parlay bets, refer-a-friend free bets, and more. The terms will vary based on the bet, sportsbook, and sport in question.